A comprehensive inspection process is an essential part of ensuring that any adventure activities and their associated equipment are initially fit for purpose and that the deterioration of materials and equipment on a used facility is detected before failure occurs. The requirement for a professional approach to the inspection processes is essential and should be factored into all safe operating plans and procedures. We can provide operational, periodic, adhoc and PPE inspections to ensure your site, staff and equipment adheres to the highest of safety standards and regulations.
EN:15567 for Ropes Courses states the following inspection process:
- Independent Inaugural Inspection - This inspection takes place when a new course is built and before first use, this will also include a functional test of the equipment. This must be carried out by a completly independent inspection company for this type of inspection we recommend Capstone Inspections LTD
- Routine Inspections - These should be carried out before opening of the ropes course each day. This involves a visual check of critical components, an assessment of the general appearance of the course and surrounding environment. This will normally be done by an appropriately trained instructor.
- Operational Inspections - This is a full and thorough inspection of the facility and is to be carried out every 1-3 months or as directed by the activity constructor. This inspection can be carried out by a suitably trained and experienced member of staff or by a suitably competent inspection company such as 7x19. According to the UK Ropes Course Guide this inspection should be as thorough as the periodic inspection with the only difference being the degree of independence.
- Periodical Inspections - This inspection should be carried out at least once a year. The following shall be included as part of this process: Routine inspection; Operational inspection; Functional test at height; Assessment and replacement schedule for worn components; Examination of the manufacturer’s instructions for maintenance; Arboreal assessment (if applicable), PPE inspection reports. This should be carried out by a suitably competent inspection company such as 7x19
- PPE Inspections - A full and thorough PPE inspection routine should be in place and carried out by a competent person or organisation on a regular basis. 7x19 are fully qualified to support you on any PPE needs, whether that be kit sourcing, staff education or inspection.